Sunday, April 10, 2011

How was your Sunday?

Did it start like this?
  EXHIBIT A

EXHIBIT B
"What is that?," you may be asking yourself. I know you may be thinking it's one of those really cool blown glass sculptures.  You know, like this?


Yeah, that's really what I was going for.  OR, it just may have happened when the lid to a  jelly roll pan got left inside an oven and then said oven got preheated and then the lid melted all over kingdom come.  Personally, I like to think I'm exploring new mediums. 

But, you may still be asking yourself how this might have happened.  Hypothetically speaking, you could have been in a hurry to get the house cleaned up before a babysitter arrived.  So you may have taken a stack of dirty pots and pans (including a PLASTIC! lid) and moved them into your oven for safe keeping, just until you had time to wash them.  And let's just suppose you forgot about those pans until 2 days later when you thought making muffins on a Sunday morning might be just the thing to do. And then you smelled melting plastic and thought, "Huh, wonder where that melty plastic smell is coming from?" I'm guessing that's how it could have happened.  Maybe.  Possibly.  But I'm just guessing.

Oh well, at least the muffins were good.

 

3 comments:

J Cameron said...

Megan, I can't imagine how you managed to get all the plastic off the racks! What killed me, though, is that after all that you still made the muffins. Way to be a pioneer woman!

jen morgan said...

AAAAaaaaaaagh. Hahaha. I'm sorry but this is just too great. We can compare melted plastic art projects now. I remember when *I* did this, it was because YOU and Cassie were coming over. Your post about it is way better than mine though. http://jennecy.blogspot.com/2006/09/smartest-thing-ive-ever-done.html

Unknown said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA