Monday, August 22, 2011

Stinkin' Pinterest

Alright, so if you haven't heard of Pinterest, you need to check it out.  Pinterest is like a virtual pinboard.  You find an idea you like on the Internet, you can just pin it to your pinboard.  A picture of the idea, along with the link appears on your own personal pinboard.  It's kind of like an organized, picturized, awesomeized bookmark list.

I don't think you need to have an account to browse through everything, but in order to pin things, you will need an account.  Just click on "Request an Invite" to get signed up. 

Anyway, here are a few things Pinterest has forced me to do:


Use vinyl tiles to cover up the ooogly kitchen cabinet bottom:



Make shutters for our house (more on that later):



Chomp down this Nutella cheesecake:



And find all sorts of witty and thoughtful sayings like this:

Source: None via Megan on Pinterest

Pinterest also has a function where you can follow other people and see what they pin and they can follow you.  The search function is also really awesome.  I love how everything is picture-based.  Anyway, if you haven't checked it out, you NEED to.  Just a couple of warnings: 1) It is a bit addictive and 2) as I've browsed around, I've run into a fair amount of curse words.  Finally, I'd like to blame thank my friend Jen for introducing me to the marvel that is Pinterest. 


1 comment:

Sharlee said...

That sounds pretty cool. I'll have to check it out.
p.s. Those cheesecake bars look sooooo good.